Friday, November 14, 2008

money...

Honestly, I’m not really feeling where graduate school is immediately affecting my finances. Like many of my peers, most of this expense is funded through student loans, so I don’t have lots of out of pocket costs. I do spend money on books, knowing the person I am, that money would be spent anyway on clothing or eating out, so it doesn’t bother me much.

In the less-immediate scheme of things, graduate school will have a huge affect on my finances, i.e. future financial decisions like purchasing property and vehicles, minimum salary requirements, prospective jobs, etc. With the realization of having to pay back more than $20,000, I’m now making wiser decisions on how I save and spend. While school debt is often seen as “good debt”, it’s one debt I’d like to get rid of as soon as possible. In a perfect world, I’d graduate from American with my wonderful degree, apply to a few high-paying jobs and be offered a position making triple my current salary, allowing me to pay off my debt quickly and pain-free. Hey, everyone has to dream, right? ;-)
- Patrice

No comments: