Friday, November 7, 2008

Am I still alive?

How does graduate school affect your social/family life?

It depends. First of all the question is to define which one will be affected the most. Then, once you have figured it out, make a comparison analysis to stimulate your thinking and, more importantly, empower yourself to achieve and retain at least one. In my case, it's family life. The challenge is not only balancing your life, but more importantly, keeping your life together with a million dollar smile! Now I have to answer a difficult question: Do I still have a life?

As a working professional, husband, and father of four children, I am obsessed with earning my second Master’s degree. I am lucky to still be married. My goal is to NOT get divorced while I am back in graduate school. Already my wife has complaint about my obsession (I THINK MY WIFE IS JELOUS OF GRADUATE SCHOOL), this normally happens on Fridays night for I just can’t go out and have a social-married life with her. For my advantage, she has already earned her Masters degree so she is not complaining about the fact that I am earning a Master's degree, but a second one. I know, it's hard to believe. I have brought this concern to my attention and I can only find one answer: I LOVE graduate school! Graduate School is a way of life and I love it!

- ID #27

No comments: